Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Friday, February 13, 2009

Where Do I Find My Coupons?

One of the top questions that I am asked when people see my large binder filled with coupons is: "Where do you find all of your coupons?" Here is a list of the top locations that I have found for coupons.

1. Sunday Newspaper Coupon Inserts

Of course, one of the best sources for manufacturer coupons is the Sunday paper. The following are the coupon inserts that you may find in your paper: Smart Source, Red Plum, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, and Kelloggs.

The amount of inserts varies from week to week and from paper to paper. I typically go to a gas station that I know carries several major city newspapers (Green Bay, Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit) so that I have the best selection of coupon inserts. Then I stand there and look through each paper to find out which ones have the most coupons.

You can also go to this site to get a sneak peak of what coupons will be in the paper for the upcoming weekend (available Thursday evenings). You may want to purchase several papers if you see a lot of coupons that would be of value to you.

2. Printable Internet Coupons

Printable manufacturer coupons are one of my favorite ways to save. Many times you can find coupons online for $1.00-$2.00 off of products! There are several sites that offer a collection of coupons that you can print. Try here and here.

One very helpful thing to remember about printing coupons from the internet, is that you can almost always print two of every one! Simply hit the back browser button until the print screen appears again. Usually, however, the maximum amount you can print is two. Two other sites that offer a list of many printable coupons from all over the web are here and here. You will probably want to bookmark these sites so you can come back to them often.

3. Request Samples

Another great way to get manufacturer coupons is by signing up for free samples. Companies will often offer free samples of their products, and with them, will also send coupons for cents off or for free products. I have so much fun checking my mailbox every day. I have gotten samples of anything from trash bags to diapers to granola bars.

4. All You Magazine

This is a magazine that is available at Walmart, and is usually packed with manufacturer coupons. Towards the back of the magazine is an index with a list of all of the coupons that are featured in that issue. I usually check the index before I purchase it to make sure that it has coupons in it that I would use.

5. E-Mail the Company

Go through your pantry and bathroom cabinet and see what products you use frequently that you can not find coupons for. Then, e-mail the company telling them how much you enjoy their product, and ask if they could send you coupons for their product. I have only been turned down a couple of times - frequently, I get more coupons than I can use! It also pays off to e-mail a company when you are disappointed with their product. For example, I recently received a trash bag sample that tore as soon as I tried to take the garbage out. I e-mailed the company letting them know that I was disappointed with the free sample that they sent me. They immediately sent me a coupon for a free box of trash bags!

Other options include coupon trading (there is a trading forum at Hot Coupon World) and paying people to clip coupons for you (one of the sites that offers this is Coupon Clippers). I have not tried either of these options, but it might be something that you would want to look into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment