Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Monday, April 06, 2009

Please Note...

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary...

I feel the need to post this after several people have asked me recently about how you can "earn" money on your grocery bill.

For example, you purchase something that costs $2.00, you have a coupon that takes off $4.00...that means two extra dollars that will come off of your grocery bill. Does that make sense?

Now, on to the matter at hand...YMMV. Your mileage may vary at your individual store...when I say that you "earn money" on the coupon match-ups that I post about, always remember that YMMV!

Illustration: Some stores will not take off the full value of the coupon...they will only take off up to what your product costs. For example, you purchase something that costs $2.00, you have a $4.00 off coupon, they will just take off the $2.00, making it Free - but not "earning" you any money off of your bill. The decision to do this is totally up to the store manager.

This topic has come up lately in regards to our local Walgreens, and I feel that maybe I was confusing people in the way that I post about "earning" money.

Our local Walgreens will not take off the full value of the coupon if it is more than the cost of the item. That is in keeping with the Walgreens Coupon Policy, and is up to the store manager. When I write on my Walgreens posts that you can "earn" money, it is always dependant on your local store's policy! (YMMV).

(Note: this is different from them refusing to take the coupon all together because it is more than the value of the item. They are required to take the coupon...just not required to give you the full value of the item.)

Please remember this when you visit your local Walgreens.

Like I said, YMMV. Our local Walmart will take the full value of the coupon off. For example, I bought salsas on Saturday that cost around $1.25. I had coupons for $4.00 off one salsa. In this case, they took the full value of the coupon off, "earning" me $2.75 off of my grocery bill.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you must remember that you are called by our Saviour to shine as a light in a dark world. These things are not worth arguing with managers about. This life is just a vapor....we will soon be living forever with our Creator - worshipping Him - with coupons and free Walgreens items being the LAST things on our minds!

2 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

You're right...it's totally not worth fighting over...it would be a shame for someone to feel that strongly about just a few dollars! Another question for you..Do you know how this works at our local Walgreens with register rewards? Can we still earn money using our coupons on items that end up being free through register rewards?

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Debbie,
I'm not sure I understand your question...Register Rewards work the same as a manufacturers coupon...therefore, you want to make sure that your total purchases come to more than the total of your Register Rewards...they will not give you any change back. Let me know if that is what you mean...

Post a Comment