Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Fun

Today we went to the lake for fun with some friends. I will have to update the blog with deals later tonight or tomorrow...it did make me want to share with you two fun, cheap ideas that I have recently done with the kids that I thought you might enjoy...

Being a "frugalite," I have a hard time doing craft projects that are not for some sort of purpose (i.e. to give as a gift, can be worn, can be eaten, etc.). Unless it is a craft that we already have the supplies for, I really don't want to buy stuff just to make a craft that will collect dust on a bookshelf...I know, I know...call me a party-pooper!
Well, here are two fun ideas that we have done recently that are my type of craft - we already had the ingredients (they are free) and they can be eaten for a dessert/snack!
Painting Marshmallows

I believe I found this idea in a Family Fun magazine. Basically, you just take milk and mix it with food coloring. The kids had so much fun painting marshmallows, then eating their creations. The magazine also said you could paint popcorn too.

Edible Peanut Butter Play Doh


This idea I got from Pumpkin Patch Designs. I had always heard that most edible play doh recipes tasted horrible. This one tasted delicious...and the kids had a lot of fun playing with it using cookie cutters. Here is the recipe:

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Honey
2 Cups Powdered Sugar

Dump all ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.

Hope you all enjoy these...I will get some deals up here tonight or tomorrow!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Love the painting marshmallows idea! Nice Walgreen's cups. :)

Your kids are so cute!

carissa said...

I love both of these ideas! We are doing the playdough one after nap today.
The girls are super pumped :)
Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment