Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What I Did Yesterday...

Yesterday, I went to Appleton, WI just to go to a thrift store! Yes, a THRIFT STORE!!

I told you last week about how I received $184.00 from Once Upon a Child for taking two bins of clothes...I also had found out that Savers (a "local" thrift store that usually has really nice stuff) was having 50% off the whole store yesterday.

You might be wondering why I didn't just use that money that I received from Once Upon a Child on clothes in their store...because I am really cheap!! I think that their prices are too expensive - I rarely buy stuff at Goodwill unless it is 50% off (certain colored tags are 50% off each week).

I was so excited about all the deals I got at Savers. I stocked up on Winter clothes for Robbie for the next two winters...summer stuff for next year...Winter coats for the girls for the next two years...shoes for the girls and Robbie for several sizes...and a couple nice skirts for myself, snow pants for the girls, etc. and paid less than half of the money I had received from Once Upon a Child.

The best part is that all the clothes were either Gap, Lands End, Old Navy, Osh Kosh or another nice brand, so after Robbie wears his stuff, I can just take it back to Once Upon a Child and do it all again. Some of the stuff I got still had price tags!

If you live near a Savers, go to their website and sign-up for their e-mail newsletter. That will tell you when they have another 50% off sale!!

If you are new to "thrift store shopping," just try it out once. If you have children, you can not beat the amazing deals you can find for stuff that is new or almost new - and great name brand stuff too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment