Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

ShopKo...What a Disappointment!


ShopKo...you've failed me this time!

I went to ShopKo last night so excited. I had seen in their ad that they had all their toys, "Buy 2, Get 1 FREE." I was so excited to go combine coupons with this sale to get some excellent deals on Christmas presents, birthday presents, etc.

I was specifically excited about the "Buy One, Get One FREE" coupons for the My Little Pony figurines (Printable Coupon Here) and all the many games coupons (Printable Coupons Here). To top it all off, I had just received a coupon from ShopKo in the mail that afternoon for "$10 Off a $40 Purchase." I was having wonderful visions of walking out of there with a cart full of toys, and astonished cashiers who were amazed at this coupon-wielding woman...

But alas, after spending a half hour meandering thoughtfully through the toy aisles, picking out just the right combination of toys/coupons, they informed me that they do not take printable coupons.

What?! I am pretty sure I have used printables there before, but still...this is the 21st century people...not take printable coupons at all?

To top it all off, they also told me that the Clearance toys were not eligible for the deal either...

Grrr....

* BTW, this is still a decent sale if you are already going to be going out to purchase a birthday present at full price...just not for the rest of us hoping to get a "steal of a deal!"

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Don't feel too bad about the shopko not taking printables. Our grocery store won't take them either, and since I live an hour and a half away from Wal-Mart, it's hard to know which coupons to print and which ones to let slide.

Lynette said...

You just saved me from wasting some time as I was going to stop and try the same thing. I even called the local store (in NE) to check and they confirmed that they do not take printables of any kind.

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Tracy, How sad your grocery store doesn't take printables...they really are some of the best kind!
Lynette, Glad I could save you a trip!

Anonymous said...

I am with Tracy. You know I thought it was strange that your Wal-Mart took printables and mine did not. So I went online to print their policy. I now carry it with me and dare one of the associates to question me.

Jessi Furthmyer said...

Our ShopKo HAS taken printable coupons from me several times ... but Josh and I investigated when our printable coupons got rejected the last time, and sure enough, their store policy states that they don't take them. It is for this reason that I don't shop there nearly as ofter as I used to. Maybe if we all protest, they will change their policy!!!

Post a Comment