Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

How I Organize My Coupons

I have recently received some e-mails with questions regarding coupon organization. I thought I would repost this article from several months ago:

When I first began collecting coupons, it started out pretty simple...I had a small pile from the Sunday newspaper, and I would simply take a small envelope with my coupons in it to the store when I would go shopping. Then, as I began to collect coupons from other places (see my post here about where to collect coupons), I began to realize that the small white envelope was not going to cut it. To top it off, my 18 month old decided on two separate shopping trips to dump my envelope full of coupons all over the store floor...I knew then that I needed to do something different.

I started searching online, and found this idea - a 3-ring notebook with baseball card holders. I absolutely love it!! I like being able to see all of my coupons...I like to easily be able to flip through it at the store...and I really like the fact that my 18 month old cannot dump the coupons out!

For me, I have found that organizing the coupons in the order that I shop through my store works the best for me, but you might find that organizing yours alphabetically or by expiration date suits you better. I made little tabs out of white mailing labels, and folded them down over the baseball card pages.

While you will probably get a few stares or questions about this large organization method when you carry it around the store, it is a great way of keeping them organized and in view.
Here are a few other ideas for organizing your coupons:
Photo Album
Accordion File
Envelope/Box System

Please leave me a comment if you have any questions about my coupon notebook! I'd be glad to help!

* I also have a post here on the categories that I have in my coupon binder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment