Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Saving Money Challenge

I Did It...

After reading on someone else's blog about how they try to not buy groceries one week per month, I decided to challenge myself to try it last week. Now, I will say, that last week was a good week to attempt this, since we were given some food last week. However, most of the food we were given was "snack food," so it didn't help that much.

I was able to put together five great meals with the stuff that I already had in my pantry. I had stockpiled some canned fruits and veggies, plus had some fresh produce left over from the previous week. I had stockpiled some chicken when it was on sale. It was really exciting to be able to save a whole week's worth of grocery money!!

So, I am going to try to do this once a month. I'll keep you updated on my progress. And, of course, I am still doing Meatless Mondays. It is challenging, but when you start seeing the money you are saving, it makes it exciting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment