Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A Few of My Favorite {Free} Things...

I got to thinking the other day about how much I enjoy many of the FREE resources I use online, and then I realized I should share them with you. You may have already heard of some or all of them, but I thought I would pass them along to you.

The first one is Family Life. I have always enjoyed listening to their broadcasts on my local Christian Radio station. They have inspiring testimonies from believers that love God and want to share what they have learned with the rest of us. The topics are always on some part of the home - from marriage to children, and are encouraging and insightful. They have all of their past radio broadcasts available to listen to online - absolutely FREE. Just click on "Radio" and "Past Broadcasts." Since our computer is usually on our kitchen counter, I usually listen to these while I am cooking or doing dishes.

Also, if you have not attended one of Family Life's Weekend to Remember Marriage Conferences, I would highly recommend it!! They are terrific!! Also, if your husband is the Senior Pastor of your church, you can go for FREE to one of these conferences! What a great deal!

Another great FREE resource online is CBH Ministries. I am always looking for ways to get God's Truth into my children's hearts and minds, and I have really enjoyed this website. They have free daily devotionals for kids on their website, games, and more - as well as a order form where you can order a free kids' devotional book, Keys for Kids. But, the area of this site that we use the most is here where you can listen to old recordings of the "Children's Bible Hour with Uncle Charlie." My kids BEG me to turn these on, and we often will listen to them while we are eating our lunch. Another FREE website that I love, on the home-decorating front, is Behr Paint's website. Why do I love it? Well, I am someone who does not like to pick a paint color for my house without first seeing it on someone else's wall first...Behr helps me with this by providing a "Inspiration Gallery" which shows pictures of tons of houses and rooms, listing the color that they used for each one! A few other fun things are the "Virtual Color Center" and the "Projects" sections. This is one that I have mentioned before, but I love it...Mr. Rebates pays me for shopping online! This is a site that will give you a certain percentage back on your purchases online. For example, recently I was going to be ordering something on Target's website. I simply went to the Mr. Rebates website, clicked on Target, which then took me to the Target website where I was able to make my purchase. A couple of days later, I was credited with 4% of my purchase! How great is that? Plus you get an automatic $5.00 for signing up!! (Of course, this only helps you save money if you are using it for things you were already going to be buying online :)!)

Have you tried Swagbucks yet? Okay, I know I am a little late in catching on to this great site, but I was a little skeptical at first...but let me tell you - it is GREAT!! Basically, it is a search engine that allows you to earn points for using them for your searches. As you are doing your normal web searching, it will periodically reward you with points. Also, they will periodically give you codes to enter to receive more points. With only 50 points you can get a $5.00 Amazon Gift Card. Why is this so great? Well, I am doing something I would normally be doing on Google (earning NOTHING), and I am earning points toward FREE GIFT CARDS!! LOVE IT!! Go here for more information and to sign up absolutely free! Okay, so there are a few of my favorite FREE sites! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

1 comments:

Jones Family said...

Thanks for the info....especially the CBH website. I had forgotten about Uncle Charlie, but grew up listening to him!

Post a Comment