Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Meatless Monday Again!

One of the things we have started as a family to save a little more money off of our grocery budget each week has been: Meatless Mondays! Every Monday I try to fix a meal that involves no meat since meat tends to be one of the more expensive things that we purchase.

To make it a little more fun, each night we have a theme. This particular picture is obviously "Crazy Hat Night" with chili-covered (beans only) baked potatoes and salad. The kids usually remind me every week, and it has been fun to do.

Tonight's menu is: Scrambled Eggs with cheese, tomatoes and green peppers and pancakes. (I haven't thought of a theme yet...any ideas?!)

What meatless meals do you make? If you have a good one, leave it in the comments below.

3 comments:

Tricia T said...

A theme?? Why pajama night, of course! Since you're having breakfast for supper. :-)

Nachos are always good. Tortilla chips, covered with shredded cheese, microwaved for about 30-40 seconds per plate, then topped with salsa. mmmmm. :-)

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Tricia,
I am so amazed that you commented on this post, since I was actually thinking of you when I wrote it. You probably don't realize this, but you were someone who inspired me to make mealtimes "more fun." One time, you shared with me how you would sometimes have the kids make table centerpieces out of legos or make placemats...do you remember that? Anyways, it always inspired me! Thanks for the tips!

Lessie said...

I love Beans and Rice night. A complete protein with no meat. I also love the idea of pajama night....like y'all are having....I may do that soon!

Post a Comment