Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Book Review for Thomas Nelson


This is a review of a book that I got for free through the "Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers." It is a great program if you have a blog. Basically, you apply, and if you are accepted, you have the choice of several products.

Once they send it to you, you have to watch/read it/listen to it, write a 200-word review and post it on Amazon.com and your blog. Then, the product is yours to keep! Go here for more information.


Kabul 24 is the true story of eight Western missionaries, and their sixteen Afghan coworkers, who were kidnapped and held hostage in Afghanistan for 105 days in 2001. I remembered hearing about this story on the news, and so I was excited to hear the "whole story" - the parts that the secular media probably left out.
I can not describe how hypnotized I became with this book. The amazing faithfulness and strength of these Christians so gripped me that their story has remained in my mind every day since I finished this book.
The unbelievable conditions that these Western missionaries were placed under, and their testimony for the Lord despite the unfair treatment that they endured really made me rethink the relative "easy" Christian life I live. I was struck with the reality of what believers around the world are faced with for the cause of Christ.
It was also very intriguing to be "educated" on the lifestyle of the Afghan people. I was really very ignorant on the culture of Afghanistan, and I feel I have a better understanding of the people of this country.
Probably my favorite part of the book is the "Epilogue" which lists many of the specific prayers that God answered for His faithful servants.
I would highly recommend this book - you will be challenged in many ways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment