Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Back From Vacation...


Well, we got back late last night and are trying to jump back in to a "normal" routine today. We had a great time on our family getaway to Chicago. Thanks to all of your sweet e-mails while we were gone. It is nice to feel missed...:)
Just thought I'd share a couple of little tips that helped us save a little money on our trip:
- First of all, we found out which area restaurants offered "Kids Eat Free" promotions/what day of the week they were offered. We found one for two of the nights that we were gone. Plus, I signed up for each of these restaurant's e-mail clubs, and I received a $10.00 off coupon from each of them!! (In case you have one of these restaurants in your area, they are Moretti's and Stir Crazy.)
- Also, we found out that some hotels (I think mostly "suite" hotels) offer not only a complimentary breakfast, but also an "Evening Social." At our hotel (the Hyatt Summerfield Suites) this was a full-out meal offering salads, soups, and some sort of main course. We had never seen this before, but were happy to feed our family absolutely FREE for dinner one evening!

- And lest you think I am "perfectly frugal," and put this "saved money" right back into our bank account...I didn't! My husband (who made our budget for this trip), told me that the money I saved from our budget could be my spending money at my favorite store in the Chicago area - Ikea!!!!

-
Oh, yeah...and one money-saver that we were reminded of on this trip. Our kids are just as satisfied with the hotel pool as they are with any indoor waterpark. We had budgeted to go to a local YMCA's indoor water park (still cheaper than a hotel's park), but we had not told the kids. When they were begging to go to the hotel's pool, I saw my opportunity for more "Ikea cash." They were so happy...and so was I!!

Of course, we did do several things in Chicago that were not bargains (i.e. the American Girl Cafe - special thanks to the grandparents for making this possible, and the Kohl's Children's Museum - both super good times and great family memories!)

1 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Glad to hear that you had a fun trip! Isn't it nice to just get away for a while?

Post a Comment