Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Thursday, March 11, 2010

That Was a Cruel Joke, Walmart!


Okay, Iron Mountain, MI Walmart...this was a VERY cruel joke!!!
I went to Walmart tonight to do my weekly grocery shopping to find that EVERYTHING was on clearance. That's right, they had the red "clearance" or "sale" price tags on all of their merchandise! An employee told me that they ran out of the regular white price stickers this week (HOW do you do that?!), and so they decided to use the red ones.
For these two "clearance-red-tag-focused-bargain-spotting eyes," it was a very cruel joke. My eyes kept jumping from red tag to red tag - a momentary sparkle of excitement faced with a heavy dose of reality - still the same prices...just a red tag!

*Curious...did any of my other "local readers" find this yet?

6 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

I was there late last night (Thursday) and thought the exact same thing! My eye was drawn everywhere thinking there were things on clearance! Very cruel for us bargain shoppers I agree! I had exactly the same experience--however did you find the for real clearance aisle up between the Easter stuff and household? There's a whole aisle with a ton of household stuff marked down--some rather nice things that I'm waiting to for to get marked down a couple more times!

rachael metcalf said...

That is very cruel...and frustrating. My eyes would have been doing the same thing!

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Debbie, I didn't go over there...I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there.

Jessi Furthmyer said...

Ditto ... the funny thing for me was that when we got home, my husband was all excited and said, "wow honey, all this stuff was on clearance" ... he he he ... I had to break the news to him :-)

izzy814 said...

That was exactly my thought last Sunday. I told Kevin that it was cruel of them to use the red stickers.

carissa said...

that's so sad! I would have seriously cried :)
Thanks for the "warning" though. I'm going tomorrow morning.

Post a Comment