Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walgreens Beginners: A Simple Transaction


I have talked to many of you who are new to coupons and/or have not attempted to shop at Walgreens yet. I am telling you - "stacking" coupons at Walgreens and other drug stores is one of THE BEST ways to save money with coupons! Especially for some of us who don't have grocery stores that double/triple coupons.
So, if any of you have been wanting to "jump in" and try out some Walgreens deals, here are some good, easy transactions from my shopping trip today that you can try:
Colgate Max White Toothpaste
$2.99
- $ .75 (Printable Coupon Here)
- $2.00 (Register Rewards)
= $ .24 each after coupon and Register Rewards!

Huggies Diapers, Jumbo Packs
$8.99 - Buy 3
- $3.00 (Printable Coupons Here) - use three!
- $5.00 (Register Rewards When You Buy 3)
= $4.32 each after coupons and Register Rewards when you buy 3!

All Laundry Detergent
$3.99
- $2.00 (2/7 Red Plum Coupon Insert)
= $1.99 after coupon!

And, if you are willing to try to submit for a rebate too:
Olay Quench Body Lotion
$7.99
- FREE Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion ($4.99 Value) With Purchase of Olay Quench Body Lotion (Weekly Sale)
- Submit for full rebate on Olay Quench Body Lotion
- $1.00 (3/7 Procter & Gamble Coupon Insert)
= FREE Body Lotion and FREE In-Shower Body Lotion + "you earn" $1.00 after coupon and rebate!

4 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

I went last night to get the bacon deal you talked about earlier. I found that the no nonsense great shapes nylons were on sale BOGO free. But what makes it even better is that our Iron Mountain Walgreens has special packages that have 2 pair in the for the price of 1...these packs are BOGO free. I ended up paying $4.29 for 4 pair of hose that are normally $4.29 each!!!

Mary Ann said...

Our Walgreens will not stack coupons *sigh* It's so sad but I'm still able to snag some deals fairly often.

Tessa Nelson said...

I don't really feel like the RR are worth my time. can someone help me understand that? I feel like if I'm not able to get something on sale, w/ a coupon it's over priced at Wags! I feel like I'm still paying for it if I can't use a coupon and RR on the same thing. You know what I mean? Does that make sense? I do find good deals there, w/ sales and then coupons, but have a hard time doing to RR... I just don't know if there's something I'm not getting, or does my reasoning make sense? :) Anyone w/ thoughts??

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Debbie G.,
Thanks so much! Just posted about it!

Mary Ann,
That is very strange. I would e-mail the corporate office about that one. You should be able to use one Walgreens store coupon and one Manufacturers coupon on each item. The rare cases I have heard of stores not allowing this have been from ignorant sales people...if you e-mail the corporate office, they will actually contact your local Walgreens store for you. You don't have to do anything!

Tessa,
That is a good question. I think I will start a post/discussion on this. Thanks!

Post a Comment