Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walgreens Register Rewards: Discussion Time

I just had a comment from Tessa N. who was asking about Register Rewards at Walgreens:

"I don't really feel like the RR are worth my time. Can someone help me understand that? I feel like if I'm not able to get something on sale, w/ a coupon it's over priced at Wags! I feel like I'm still paying for it if I can't use a coupon and RR on the same thing. You know what I mean? Does that make sense? I do find good deals there, w/ sales and then coupons, but have a hard time doing to RR... I just don't know if there's something I'm not getting, or does my reasoning make sense? :) Anyone w/ thoughts??"


Tessa N., I will give you my reasoning on why I like to use the Register Rewards, and then maybe some others will have some thoughts on it as well...

While I certainly miss the straight-out rebate checks that Walgreens used to give out, I don't mind the Register Rewards system. I certainly don't think that every time that Walgreens offers RR for items, that it is a good deal. To me, if I can get the item for equal to/cheaper than what I would normally pay for the item, then it is a good deal. However, this is only worth it to me if there is something that either I can 1) "Roll" my Register Rewards towards an item that prints another Register Reward OR 2) I can use the Register Reward towards something that I would need to buy anyways.

For example, this week I purchased the Huggies diapers (Buy 3, Get $5.00 Register Rewards). I used three $3.00 off coupons, making them $5.99 a pack, plus I received $5.00 back in Register Rewards. Now, $5.99 a pack for diapers is a great price as it is...on top of that I got $5.00 back! I will now turn around and use that $5.00 Register Rewards to either 1) Stockpile a few of the deals from this week - such as the $1.99 laundry detergent or the $ .24 toothpaste OR 2) I will save it for next week, and hopefully be able to "roll" it towards more Register Rewards and/or use it to stockpile next week's deals OR 3)If all of the above don't work, I will use it towards something that I would normally need to purchase. For example, milk is a great price at Walgreens...I also love their Wags brand trash bags...

Does that make sense? Not sure if my thoughts came out too jumbled...

What do the rest of think on this subject? Lets hear from you guys... Probably some of you think the same way as Tessa N....if so, why? If you like the Register Rewards, explain why?

8 comments:

Tessa Nelson said...

rolling them makes more sense to me then just out right using them. I guess maybe I just have to think about it more then I have been:) And I was thinking about the diapers, too... that's a great price, but then I need to make sure I go back and get something in order to roll my RR.. and you are right, milk is a good price there if I can't find anything else to use them on. Thank you for giving me a new outlook. I will have to try it and start small and see if my opinion on them changes! Thank you for this post!!!

carissa said...

I LOVE RR!! I always go back the next week and use them and feel like I'm getting FREE stuff.

Kelly said...

Personally, I think RR are way too much work. I think if you live in a bigger city - there are much better options then Wags RR (like CVS). However, if I still lived in the Northwoods :), I would definitely use the RR program since the options are fairly limited!

Anonymous said...

Register rewards are too much work, and you never really get that actual cash back that you can spend anywhere you like. I think of it like a small security deposit or investment type of thing, and although that will allow you to buy merchandise at a cheaper rate, you still have to buy more and more merchandise at their store. Its all in how you look at it though... for some people it works, for me, not so much. However, people always like to feel like they have gotten a deal so i guess it can be a win win situation.

Tracy said...

Most of the register rewards say that they are not to be used to purchase milk and other dairy products (as well as a bunch of other things). My Walgreens is becoming very strict about the use of coupons/RR/Sales, etc. Whether or not they are worth it will be determined by how restrictive your particular store is.

Jessi Furthmyer said...

I love RR ... especially for diapers. If there's not a diaper deal going on, I usually use them to get "free" make-up, razors, shampoo/conditioner, deoderant, or toothpaste ... stuff that I know I will need in the near future ... especially since WAGS generally has good deals on these items when "stacked" with a manufacturers coupon ... and ... they often offer more RR on top of that! I especially love using RR to purchase items that offer rebates ... like the olay quench lotion. Anyway ... I totally think they're worth the time!!!

Tessa Nelson said...

I guess something I just can't quite get past is that face that walgreen's is quite over priced on so much of their everyday stuff - shampoo, tooth paste, candy, cleaning stuff - that just because I'm using RR doesn't mean I'm getting it for "free"... they just want you to feel like you are. That's kind of what I can't get over. You still have to spend that money (that you didn't really save) at their store on certain things. Kelly has a good point too, that if there are other options I don't really think it's worth it. I find that I can get all those things listed at Target for almost FREE! Don't get me wrong, I've gotten things free at wags, too... but while avoiding the RR. I do feel like I have more options in my area and don't know if the RR are worth is. These comments have given me a lot to think about, though:)

warfarin 1mg tablet said...

Thank you for giving us insights and inspirations. This article is really helpful and informative. We would like to see more updates from you in the future.

Post a Comment