Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Super One Foods Trip

Total Shopping Trip: $35.00
(+ toilet paper - didn't make the picture!)

It had been a long time since I had ventured into the doors of Super One Foods in Iron Mountain. It was a combination of factors. One was that I am usually so pushed for time when I go grocery shopping that I usually just hit Walmart and Walgreens. Another reason was that when I first started couponing, they didn't take printables. They have since started taking printables, but I just had not taken the time to plan out a trip and go.

Last week I had watched the "Extreme Couponers" show on TLC, and it put a little "boost" in my couponing step! I decided to check out the online ad for the deals at Super One this week and see if any of their in-store deals/coupons matched up with any manufacturers coupons that I had. Ta-Da! There were a lot of great deals! I had so much fun on this trip. Here are some of my favorite deals:

First of all, if you sign-up for their e-mail newsletter here, they will e-mail you a coupon for $5.00 off a $50.00 purchase.

The rest of the deals I got last night end today, so I am hesitant to list them. However, hopefully this gives you an idea of what you can do at Super One, and when the new deals come out tomorrow - we will be ready! I am also going to try to do a better job of listing the coupon match-ups and deals from Super One each week.

* A few things to note about Super One coupons: You CAN stack a manufacturers coupon and a store coupon. There are store coupons in their weekly ad and there are coupons in a in-store flyer. I had to ask for the in-store coupon flyer at the customer service desk. Both of these are viewable on their website here.

Dole Classic Iceburg Bagged
$ .77 - With In-Store Coupon

Peter Pan Peanut Butter
$ .99 - With In-Store Coupon (There is a $ .50 coupon that I could have paired up with this, making it only $ .49 - but I had already used it!)

Malt O Meal Cereal
Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Puffs, Frosted Flakes, and Frosted Mini Spooners
$1.49 - With In-Store Coupon
- $2.00/2 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $ .50 each after coupons!

Bounty Basic 8 Rolls
$4.94 - With In-Store Coupon

Yoplait Light Yogurt
$ .44 - With In-Store Coupon
- $ .40/6 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $ .37 each after coupons!

Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
$ .69 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $ .50 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $ .19 each after coupons! (I could only print two of the $ .50/1 coupons, but there were also $ .50/2 coupons so I got some for $ .19 and some for $ .44!)

Pillsbury Pizza Crust/Breadsticks
$ .99 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $ .40/2 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $ .83 each after coupons!

Birds Eye Vegetables
$ .99 - On Sale

General Mills Milk N' Cereal Bars
$1.49 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $1.00/2 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $1.00 each after coupons!

Toaster Strudels
$1.39 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $ .50/2 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $1.14 each after coupons!

Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta
$1.00 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $1.00/2 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $ .50 each after coupons!

Cottonelle 12 Double Rolls
$5.45 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $ .50 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $4.95 each after coupons!

Super One Bread
$1.00 - With In-Ad Coupon

CoffeeMate Creamer
$1.00 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $ .75 - Manufacturers Coupon (I had already used my $1.00 off coupons - could've been free!)
= $ .25 each after coupons!

Light Silk Soy Milk
$2.49 - With In-Ad Coupon
- $1.00 - Manufacturers Coupon
= $1.49 each after coupons!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason why I stay away from from Super One was because of this statement on the coupons.. "One $10.00 purchase, excluding coupon items, satisfies all purch ase requirements for all coupons."

Does that mean your total has to be more the 10$ or does that mean you have to buy 10$ worth of items with no coupons? I'm a little confused about that. I used the in-store coupons and my total was more then 10$, but the cashier reminded me that I needed a 10$ purchase without coupons...

Any help to clear the confusion would be awesome! Thanks and love the blog! :)

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Anonymous,
Well, I don't know for sure. They didn't give me any problems, and I think I had a coupon for every item that I had on there...except maybe the milk...SO, hmmm...I will have to ask them next time I am in there?

Anonymous said...

I didn't like the 'Extreme Couponers' show. I only watched the first 15 minutes and was turned off by how greedy one of them were. I'm like you and can only get to town only about once a week and by the time I get there some of the advertised items are sold out b/c of people coming in and buying it all. That show to me mimics the show about hoarders. I like to get a deal, but if I'm buying something just b/c I have a coupon it doesn't mean that I'm saving anything. I don't believe in being wasteful. If I buy anything extra I like to donate it to my church's food pantry-how are those people on that show going to eat some of that stuff before the expiration date? Anyways-thanks for your continued posts on how to save money!

Post a Comment