Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Catch-Up Day

So sorry I had no deals posted for you all yesterday...I was doing what I blog about, but rarely get to do - SHOP! I went with a friend of mine to thrift store shops in Green Bay (yes, we have to drive almost an hour and a half just to find "good" used clothes!!)

I am blogging about this because it is what this blog is about - spending freely!! Shopping at thrift stores is such a great way to save money - especially on kids' clothes. Kids grow out of their clothes so fast, so thrift stores are loaded with children's clothing that is gently used or new!

Now, I am the first to admit that not all thrift stores are great! You have to find your favorites, and keep going back to them. I asked a worker at one of my favorite thrift stores yesterday why this particular store always seems to have such nice brands, while the other one across town doesn't. She said the workers at their store are very picky about what they will put out on the shelves, and that some stores put out everything. So, find a great store, and keep going back!

Also, find out what is discounted each day. Thrift stores usually run sales such as "50% off of green tickets."

If you are in the Green Bay, WI area, I think that these two thrift stores are great:

St.Vincent de Paul Thrift Store
1529 Leo Frigo Way
Green Bay, WI 54302
*You definitely have to look through a lot of stuff here - they do put out EVERYTHING, so you will have to look past a lot of junk - however, the prices are unbeatable!! Kids' shoes are $ .50, kids' boots are $1.00, kids' clothes are $1.00, etc. I have gotten Lands End, Gap, Gymboree, and many more great name brand kids' clothes here for super cheap!! Check out the coats and snow pants too!

Goodwill Store
1660 West Mason Street
Green Bay, WI 54303
*In my opinion, the selection of kids' clothing at this Goodwill is much better than the Goodwill by the mall. I have found SO MANY great things for my kids here!

Hopefully, even if you don't live near these thrift stores, this post will remind you of the great deals that are to be had at your local stores! Go check it out! It is so much fun to see your kids walking around in their Gap or Gymboree outfits while you add up the pennies that you spent on their cute look! Some of the great stuff I bought today: like-new Carter's snow boots ($1.00),a new-with tags Ralph Lauren sweatshirt ($1.00), Stide Rite boys' shoes ($ .50), Gap dress shirt ($1.99), and much more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment