Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Monday, April 12, 2010

Walmart: Coupon Questions

I had a reader send me a question about Walmart's coupon policy, and I thought others might be having the same question/problem:

Q: I have a question for you, I was at Walmart yesterday and I went to use a $1.00 off coupon on an item that was .94 cents. They told me I wasn't able to use it because the coupon was more than the purchase price. I was wondering if you could tell me if I should of been able to use that coupon. I have used the 5.00 coupon for the monopoly card game that was only 4.00 @ the same walmart store. Go figure.

A:
I personally have never had this problem at our local Walmart (Iron Mountain, MI). In fact, they always take the full-value of the coupon off...meaning "overage" for me!:) I hear from more and more people, however, that Walmarts are not always so "coupon friendly."

The official Walmart coupon policy does not address this issue, however, typically the cashier should just adjust the coupon to take off the amount of the coupon. For example, in your situation, the cashier should have manually put in - $ .94. Unfortunately, this is a "your mileage may vary" situation.

Next time, politely ask for a CSM, and ask them if they can just adjust the amount of the coupon down. Technically, they should give you the full amount of the coupon off, but I'm afraid it is up to the CSM.

If they still do not adjust the price of the coupon down, you should try to e-mail the store.

Update: The reader who sent me this e-mail, ended up e-mailing the store. The store manager called her and told her that they should have done a "price adjustment" on the coupon. For all of her "trouble," he sent her a $10.00 gift card!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened to me at a Publix (grocery store in GA) only the cashier adjusted my coupon wrong, and I ended up paying ten cents for an item that was supposed to be free.

Tessa Nelson said...

Thank you for this post, I have this problem all the time at walmart:( Sometimes I'm lucky and get someone that just does it, takes the amount off manually. I'm a little more reassured now, that I'm not crazy and that nothing has really changed at walmart, just just a hit and miss thing

Post a Comment