Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Friday, March 13, 2009

Walgreens Update


For those of you who read about my disappointing experience shopping at Walgreens yesterday, I do have an update: I e-mailed Walgreens yesterday afternoon, and received a phone call first thing this morning from the manager of our local store. I think that is great customer service!

She informed me that I was correct and the cashier was incorrect. In case you missed my story that I posted about here, the issue was over using a coupon that is for more than the cost of the product. For example, I was purchasing something that cost $10.99, I wanted to use a Walgreens coupon for $10.00 off, and a manufacturers coupon for $4.00 off. Typically, they just scan both, and it will take $14.00 off the bill. I was incorrectly told that you cannot use a coupon that is for more than the value of the product. The manager let me know that they will adjust the coupon to take off the price of the product.

This whole ordeal was actually a good reminder to me. As a "couponer," I stick out - the cashier definitely knows who I am now! How can I not stick out when I am toting around a 3 inch binder filled with coupons? As a believer in Jesus Christ, I have the responsibility to show His Light to those around me. I can shine that Light in a positive or a negative light by the way I handle these coupon issues. May I be a faithful witness for Him!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I've found that at least a couple of the cashiers at my local Walgreens are very wary of couponers. The manager herself, I'm told, really doesn't like them at all. This has been challenging to me, as I seek to "coupon" there with a good testimony. This means being ultra-careful to follow all rules and not trying to "get away" with coupon purchases that break those rules (buying more that the specified limit, for instance). Who cares if I get chicken broth for .12/can if all the cashiers at the store think, "Ugh! Here comes that 'Christian' again - the one who's always trying to rip off our store!" Let this be an encouragement to all of us to coupon wisely! Good job, Trisha!

Post a Comment