Search & Win Mr. Rebates Picaboo Sale at Amy Adele!  This Week Only! giggle LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Magazines.com, Inc. My Adventure Books
One2One Badges

Blog design: Made by Madeline

Friday, March 13, 2009

Time for the Sunday Preview


Thanks to Taylortown for the previews of this weekend's coupon inserts. Go here to It looks like we can expect to find a Smart Source, Red Plum and Procter & Gamble insert. (Some regions of the country are no longer receiving the Red Plum.)

Someone asked me what paper I purchase each week. (I know this is just helpful to those of you "local" readers!) I always go to a gas station that offers a wide range of newspapers to choose from. This particular gas station has the Green Bay, Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago papers. Then I stand there and look through each one...it is amazing how the coupon inserts can vary in each one, and sometimes some of them are even missing some of the inserts. Typically for this area, it seems that the Milwaukee paper tends to be the best, but it can be different each week.

I was also asked if I order coupons from the sites that have the previews (if you haven't noticed, the sites that preview the weekend's coupon inserts also have coupons you can purchase). Personally, I have not used a coupon clipping service yet, or purchased coupons through Ebay. I have had enough coupons through simply printing some online, buying the paper, All You magazine, and freebies (to read more on where I get my coupons, go here). I do think that it would be a good way to stock up on things that are going to be on sale. For example, when the sneak peek comes out of the next week's Walgreens ad, that would be a good time to buy some extra coupons for things that are going to be on sale the next week.
If you purchase coupons, I would love to hear your experience. Share with us what you think by leaving a comment!

3 comments:

Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jones Family said...

Can u explain how you organize ur coupons? Also, did u see my comment on ur post last weekend about Walgreens how they wouldn't take my RR and 2 coupons for 2 bags of diapers...

The Spend Freely Mama said...

Have you already read my post on "How I Organize My Coupons?" If you go to the link on the right that says "Coupons 101", you will find a post on organizing coupons. Let me know if you still have questions after reading that.
As to the RR and coupons, the register actually treats Register Rewards like any other manufacturer coupon. Since you can only use one manufacturer coupon per item purchased, you need to make sure that the number of items you are purchasing is equal to or greater than the number of coupons you have, including any Register Rewards you may have. If you are planning on using a coupon on everything you are buying, you need to add a small "filler item" (such as a small piece of gum or a pencil) to your transaction in order to be able to use the Register Reward. Does that make sense? If you have any more questions please let me know!

Post a Comment